U-Pick Blueberry Farm
Our 2020 Season is Here!
As usual, we will have ready-picked as well as pick-your-own. Please do not bring any containers with you – we will supply these when you arrive. We have several options available for purchase:
- Pre-Pay Baskets – To minimize contact, we will have available 1.5L and 2L baskets available for pre-pay. When you are done, no need to check-out! These are perfect for those who are looking for a small amount of berries to eat same day or following day.
- Pay-by-the-Pound – For those looking to purchase in volume by the pound, we will have pails with plastic bag inserts which you can take to the check-out for payment.
- Ready-Picked – available by the pound. Feel free to call ahead and we can have them ready for you. Pre-pay is also available.
As always, we encourage you to call ahead to confirm field conditions and availability. Depending on field conditions, we plan to be open Monday through Saturday from 8am to 4pm, and until 8pm on Wednesdays only.
Our approach to managing the operations to minimize COVID-19 risks are noted below.
Celebrating life and the beauty of nature with peace and simplicity, through memorable experiences and wholesome and savoury food!
Kathy and Phil
Safe Picking Protocols
We are thankful that Pick Your Own operations have been endorsed by the Province. We want to operate responsibly and minimize risk to our customers and staff. We ask that you read the following guidelines and adhere to them when you visit our farm.
- Please do not come if you are feeling sick, or have recently been exposed to high-risk individuals. Check out the self-assessment recommendations here.
- All visitors are asked to check-in at Berry Shed upon arrival.
- Reservations are required for groups of more than 6 people.
- Call ahead if you are looking for large volumes (more than 20 pounds).
- We can put seniors and at-risk individuals in isolated areas – calling ahead preferred.
- Water will be available for purchase – no refill stations will be available.
- Check in with Field Supervisor when in the field.
- Picking will be in defined areas – you MUST stay in your flagged area to maintain physical distancing, and wait to be assigned another area to continue picking.
- No field sampling is permitted. Be sure to wash your berries when you get home.
- Max of 2 children per adult to maintain supervision
- Leave pets at home
- Contactless payment preferred (i.e. debit or credit).
U-Pick Blueberry Farm
The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest.